Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Nothing changes if nothing changes. — One of my favourite quotes. A close friend of mine (incidentally the same friend who called me a little acorn) told me this years ago, and it has stuck with me ever since.
I’ve been repeating those words to myself more often lately. I just feel like it’s the start of the third month (also the month of my birthday) and I feel like I have not accomplished much, other than a fierce desire to change.
I’ve also been making a concerted effort to be more patient with myself. More mindful of negative thoughts. If it’s one thing I’ve learnt is that negative reinforcement does not work with me. So I’ve been treading lightly.
The bucket list (BL) was a pretty good idea. It’s helped to align my goals into doable but challenging activities. This month I’m going to focus on the following BL items:
2. Complete Insanity challenge – already started! And though my thighs feel like two uncooperative pieces of lead, and it hurts to sit/stand up, I had the most sound sleep last night, and it hit me that I haven’t slept this well at all for the year!
6. Write an article for Caribbean Beach News Magazine
7. Read at least 6 books – Finish read All the Rules & Switch
10. Publish Dining Guide Magazine on a regular schedule – Well… at least work on business plan, and get started
28. Floss every day for at least a month
30. Accomplish things in idea book – Must first get idea book
37. Finish read and put “All the Rules” into practice
39. In March start the 19 Photo Project – Can’t believe it’s already 12 days till my birthday
40. Start a photo blog with photo challenges each month.
Pretty ambitious, yes? Possibly. Maybe.
In many cases I may not fully complete these within the month. Most of my BL items are a work in progress type thing. Not sure as yet if that’s a good thing or not. But we’ll see!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step — Lao Tzu